Amoxicillin is an antibiotic of the penicillin group with the active substance of Amoxicillin. It has a bactericidal effect. The drug will have a wider spectrum of activity in combination with Clavulanic acid. Amoxicillin is prescribed by a doctor!
Where to Buy Amoxicillin Online
Method of application and dosage
It is recommended to continue therapy with Amoxicillin (Amoxil) for 2-3 days after the symptoms disappear. If there are infections caused by beta-hemolytic streptococcus, complete eradication of the pathogen requires therapy for at least 10 days.
Parenteral therapy is indicated when it is impossible to perform the oral one and during the treatment of severe infections.
Amoxicillin (Amoxil) pills for adults
The usual dose ranges from 750 mg to 3 g of Amoxicillin pills per day in several doses. In some cases, it is recommended to limit the dose to 1500 mg per day in several doses.
Uncomplicated urinary tract infections: two-time reception of the drug, 3 g for each reception with an interval between doses of 10-12 hours.
Amoxicillin (Amoxil) pills for children
The daily dose for children is 25-50 mg / kg/day in several doses (maximum 60 mg/kg/day), depending on the indication and severity of the disease.
Children with a body weight above 40 kg should receive an adult dosage.
Dosage for renal insufficiency
Patients with severe renal insufficiency should reduce the dose of Amoxicillin. If the renal clearance is less than 30 ml/min, it is recommended to increase the interval between doses or reduce subsequent doses. In case of renal insufficiency, short courses of therapy of 3 g are contraindicated.
Prevention of endocarditis
- If you want to prevent endocarditis in patients who are not under general anesthesia, 3 g of Amoxicillin should be administered within 1 hour before surgery and, if necessary, another 3 g after 6 hours.
- Children are recommended to administer Amoxicillin at a dose of 50 mg/kg.
- If you want to get more detailed information and description of the categories of patients at risk for endocarditis, you should refer to the local official guidelines.
Amoxicillin for angina
The drug is often prescribed by doctors for angina. The course of treatment and dosage is determined by the doctor. Amoxicillin 500 mg is often prescribed 3 times a day. The duration of application is up to 7 days. If angina is accompanied by complications, the doctor can increase the one-time dosage to 1000 mg. The course of treatment is from 7 to 14 days.
Amoxicillin for intestinal infection
The antibiotic is active in a number of intestinal infections:
- dysentery (caused by bacteria of the genus Shigella spp);
- salmonellosis (caused by bacteria of the genus Salmonella spp);
- typhoid fever (caused by bacteria of the genus Salmonella typhi) and paratyphoid (caused by bacteria of the genus Amiranella Salmonella).
Take Amoxicillin before or after a meal
The drug can be taken regardless of food intake, because food intake does not affect the absorption of the antibiotic.
- infectious mononucleosis;
- lymphocytic leukemia;
- severe gastrointestinal infections accompanied by diarrhea or vomiting;
- respiratory viral infections;
- allergic diathesis;
- bronchial asthma;
- hay fever;
- hypersensitivity to penicillins and / or cephalosporins.
According to the instructions for medical use, Amoxicillin is indicated for infectious diseases of the skin and soft tissues. Amoxicillin is active against microorganisms that are sensitive to penicillin. The doctor sets the dosage and course of treatment individually for each course of the disease. Amoxicillin 500mg is often prescribed 3 times/day for 14 or more days.